Heifer Garlyx Grazer is primarily designed to maximise animal performance by stimulating forage intake and digestion, with an added concentration of garlic to protect cattle from biting insects. The natural high sulphur compounds in garlic act as an insect repellent which wards off flies and other biting insects.
Heifer Garlyx Grazer should be made available throughout the grazing season. The trickle feeding of garlic contained within Heifer Garlyx Grazer acts as a constant deterrent, warding off flies and other biting insects. Prevention is better than cure.
Stressed and or irritated cattle are less likely to graze, which has a negative effect on their performance. If the skin is made less attractive to biting insects then they are less likely to land. The concentrated natural garlic contained in Heifer Garlyx Grazer is consumed by cattle with every lick, and over the days that follow the garlic passes through the animal and is secreted out from pores in the skin, this produces an invisible barrier around the cattle which flies and other biting insects find repellent, significantly reducing the irritation and therefore the risk of infection from airborne biting insects.
Heifer Garlyx Grazer also contains a full complement of vitamins, minerals and trace elements to balance the deficiencies in grass. High levels of zinc contained in Heifer Garlyx Grazer also helps to maintain skin integrity and strength to further guard against biting insects.
● Produces an invisible screen over the heifer’s body to help repel airborne biting insects
● Reduces restlessness and irritation in grazing heifers
● Reduce the risk of infection from airborne biting insects
● Provides all essential minerals, trace elements and vitamins to balance the nutrient deficiencies in grass
● Loss of an affected quarter will reduce future milk production by at least 10% (NADIS data) and dramatically reduce heifer sale value
● Research proven to improve growth rates by 15.2% and reduce methane production by 18.7% per kg of DLWG